HEY!!!

So its been awhile since my last blog, so I thought I would tell you all why, then just kind of catch you up with a few fall fashions and DIYs and such.... maybe even tell you a story...
So this summer I had the AMAZING chance to go to Europe! I was gone for a little over a month and traveled to Brittany(Bretagne), France; Rhineland/Munchen (Munich), Germany; Paris, France; and a small English Island in the channel called Guernsey, which was so beautiful, me and my two girlfriends actually went there because we read this amazing book by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows called the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (synopsis link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2728527-the-guernsey-literary-and-potato-peel-pie-society)
It is so interesting! It was occupied in 1945 by the Nazis so there is a lot of Nazi memorabilia and museums, and there are a lot of watchtowers and other building that were from the Neolithic era and from the Nazi's. Well I don't really need to go and on about how amazing a time I had, no need to make any one jealous!
Well I have been back for a little over a month now and I have started college, so I have been a bit busy lately, I actually am avoiding writing an essay about the American Indian Revolution right now.
Well anywhoooo.... so this fall... one thing that I am completely in love with this season is that the colorful printed jeans from this past spring and summer have melded into fall too! So I have been loving mine and wearing them with oversized cardigans and sweater and scarves to add a more fall feel to them, depending wear you live you can wear them with flats (which is what I usually do, because I live in CA) or riding boots. That is another item I am obsessed with this fall, are boots. I always love boots, I wear them every day any day no matter the weather! But I especially love wearing the knee high riding boots in fall, my favorite are a Prada pair I bought that are this deep chestnut leather, and don't make a mistake thinking that I went to some expensive boutique and bought them. Because I am a poor college student with a minimum wage job, I actually was lucky enough to find them at a Ross near where I live, now I know many of you are thinking Ross? and to be truthful while Ross isn't the cleaniest, most organized store, and there styles are usually a season behind, you can always alter the clothes there, look for the potential in what you are looking at! But I do go in Ross whenever they get a new shipment of shoes in for the month especially in fall because where else can you seriously fine $2,000 Prada boot for only $110!!!! I know its utterly astonishing! Also there are a lot of cute Steve Maddens there too.
Well also coming into fall some popular fashions are the Asian prints, which I'm not a hug fan of, but a cute dress that is not to overstated an a nice jacket over it wouldn't be too eccentric. Also big dark florals are in but I find them depressing so I have just been wearing some of my spring florals with scarves, sweaters, and tights! Also metallic is in, which for me I usually do not wear shiny clothes unless I'm partying so I'm not really into this fashion, but there are some cute black and gold patterned tops and dress I've been seeing lately...
But my go to piece no matter what for fall is......... drum roll please............
SCARVES!!! Everywhere there are cute scarves this fall! I bought so many in France this past summer I am at no shortage! But if you are looking for some cute scarves, World Market has some simple assorted colors that aren't too highly priced, but usually I just window shop for my scarves in small boutiques downtown, because they are always cute and unique and usually not too expensive, but one of my favorite scarves that I wore everywhere this summer was a chiffon blue and purple floral scarf I bought at TJMaxx for only $4! But for this fall I've been going crazy over knitted infinity/round scarves! I love the ones at Gap!
Well that's it for now....
Well I do owe you a story but if you don't want to hear you can just exit out and come back for my next blog, which I will now try to do one every week for you guys!
Soooo for those of you who don't know there is one thing I absolutely HATE about Europe, and it is the amazing uber amount of nasty slimey slugs everywhere!ICK! Well we were walking home from the beach on Bastille day and they were everywhwere! It was dark and every step you took you stepped on one, and these aren't the little tiny tan slugs we have in Cali, noooo these are huge ugly and black! And in Germany they were orange and yellow! Anyway my friend, who was drunk, not saying we weren't all a little tipsy, decided to take his shoes off and run, and he slipped and fell on his back! It was hilarious but we had to rinse off all the yucky slug juice. But then a week later at a party at 6 am I was running around outside on the grassy barefoot then I stepped onto the porch and slid on a slug!!! Everyone was watching and laughed which wasn't too bad because they helped me up and I was laughing too, that time I was definitly drunk, and everyone else around me was also, so I doubt any of them remembered the next morning. But that is just one of my many embarassing moments!
Have an amazing week! Sorry I didn't have any DIYs for you guys today but I really need to study! But next time I will! Leave questions and comments below that I will answer next time! Ask me about fashion, beauty, DIYs, painting, anything!


Comments

Popular Posts