Rant.. sort of

To be sure this is a blog about fashion, and style, but for the moment it will be the place for me to vent.
Everyone has difficult mothers, but in truth the day I move far enough away to only have to see mine for a few times every once in a while is a day I truly treasure. I avoid her, because I do have an already incredible low self esteem and self worth of myself, that whenever I do run into I dread the moment because she only makes me feel worse. For example, the only time I saw my mother today this is what she said "You must get rid of those tights they are old, they have holes! What are you doing? You need to go to the gym more, blah blah blah, you are fat, you need to exercise look at you hips, they have cellulite. And your butt..... You will never date anyone if you are overweight! Don't eat anything! You will gain more weight!" So this is why I avoid you mother if you were wondering
Now here it is, I dress nicely, I try hard at school, I do yoga, and haven't run in awhile because I have a knee issue, so yes I am overweight! So what? Every women in the world is at one time or another! And everywhere women are fighting for those who say they are beautiful and are made fun because of their weight, well I never thought about it but my mother is one of many that us ladies that are blessed with a little extra here and there, and do be truthful, my mom is in this category with us!
Well back to style, I apologize but in all truth I was watching Anderson Live today and they were speaking about a pretty girl who like many other posted a pic of herself in a bikini and she was overweight, but she looked good in it! And she owned who she was and defended herself, now how would you feel if you had to defend yourself against your own mother?
So Style.... this fall I am in loveeee with leather flare skirts, which are a blessing to us ladies with a little extra junk in the trunk! they are so versatile and cute, perfect to pair with a pair of tights this fall and boots, or heels! I also discovered this adorable website that puts together clothing ensembles, that are so perfect! and you can purchase them there on their site!
link: http://www.dailylook.com/?showhome=true
Well thats a short fashion update with alot of emotional and weighty baggage! Till next time!

Popular Posts