Design in Green

Okay so I wanted to add some design aspects to my bedroom, but I'm on a low budget. But there are some easy fixes to this problem.
First off I went online to find some home decorating websites. The important thing to include here is that some of the websites that look like they need skill and practice in order to accomplish some of the activities and projects have other links and areas that are easier to conquer, you just need to learn how to navigate it. One of my all time favorite websites is DesignSponge:
http://www.designsponge.com/

Their website is really easy to understand and they have crafts that go from the basic beginning designer to someone more experienced, such as glueing things together or a how to on reupholstering a chair. Some of my favorite ways to save money and make your space look new is to go through some old things that you don't really like that you may have in storage and try to redesign them. Take an old broken chair and turn it into a stool or even use the backing as wall art or combine multiple chair backs as a cheap bed board.
One thing that I love to do and find is an easy place to find old things that to fix and change is my parents/relatives houses. When you go their for visits or birthdays ask if they have anything old that they wouldn't mind giving up. My parents had an old wooden chair, that really wasn't comfortable to sit in to begin with, and wasn't very pretty. I took that and my old bed stand and painted them both white to match. And then I reupholstered the chair using some fabric I bought at Beverly's (cheap place to buy any type of fabric).
Well on Design Sponge I found the best recycling craft! It made great wall art and was super easy and fast. I actually made it after Christmas time when I had some wrapping paper rolls. The directions asked for toilet paper rolls and clue, but I just cup up the wrapping paper rolls and used glue and tape. All you do is cut the rolls into pieces that measure about 2 inches in width, slightly bending the roll piece too resemble a leaf, which is exactly what you'll use it for. Take 5 or 6 pieces and arrange them as a flower, and viola wall art. Of course you can connect the pieces in other fashions to make a branch or tree. I added something else to the craft however when I was done. The blogger suggested painting the rolls or using glitter (she did the craft with her children) but I cut up some magazine pieces and put it over a collage, I also made one for my friend and put it over a nature themed poster. Whether you just tack it on your wall or put it on paper or in a frame this is a perfect project that adds style and creativity to any room!
Enjoy and have fun!

Comments

Popular Posts