Winter in California

Well if not everyone in the world has realized it yet there have been some odd heat waves going on especially for winter time. Although Californians truly have nothing to complain about considering that it's been hot enough in Australia to melt plastic slides, but then again it is supposed to be their summertime right now and its supposed to be winter for us. The past few weeks of my winter break before heading back to school have been so beautiful! I'm grateful for the sunshine, don't get me wrong, but I really do wish that during winter there was some sign of it actually being winter. A few weeks ago it was in the 80's and 90's (fahrenheit) almost everyday, and while I'm used to random heat bursts on the california coast this was definitely out of the ordinary.

I went shopping in shorts and a tank top and went driving in a convertible with the top down, which many of you who are experiencing snow would consider a luxury, but I like sweaters and boots!
I tried going to the beach with my friends and it was unrealistically crowded. The beach was coated in people. It took us almost an hour to find a place to park! I even got sunburnt!

As I'm writing this I realize that for the first time in a few weeks the sun isn't completely shining but is actually covered by fog and clouds! But it has been uncharacteristically hot, which concerns me, and hopefully others especially when California desperately needs rain, and if we don't get any there are going to be so many fires this summer it will be impossible to go camping with all the smoke. Hopefully though as winter turns to spring we will get some showers...
How's the weather where you are? But one thing I definitely love about the heat? The AMAZING sunsets we've been having, it's unreal how beautiful and magical life is!

Comments

Popular Posts